It’s my 1-Year Blog Anniversary! Woohoo!
Last year, on April 29, 2010, I published my first blog post.
Man, I really had NO idea what I was doing back then. To tell you the truth: if you asked me earlier that year what was the definition of a blog, I probably wouldn’t have been able to tell you.
My, how things have changed! One year ago, I was just getting my Personal Chef business started in San Diego. I was taking care of my sweet little one year old daughter, Jordan — not aware she would be a big sister to baby Savannah within the following year. I was testing the waters of the foodie world and deciding to pursue my passion for food, love and life with my new career.
I can hardly believe it has already been one year since I started this little blog. I have learned so much.
On so many levels, it feels like this blog has been a part of my life for so much longer. I have learned so much about myself, my friends, my passions, my life and my goals. This blog has been such an important part of my life — of my daily routine — that it is hard to describe. I’m not sure when I became a “food blogger,” but I know that is what I am. And I am grateful for it. And for you.
I am so fortunate to be part of such a wonderful community. The support I have felt from you all has been so amazing. I cannot thank you enough.
To celebrate my one-year blog anniversary, I wanted to make some carrot cake cupcakes. ‘Cuz they’re good and tasty.
Yay for carrot cake cupcakes with greek yogurt frosting! Sounds like a tasty way to celebrate to me! And a healthy sweet treat at that!
I know you’ll enjoy this recipe. It’s full or all sorts of goodness like shredded carrots, chopped walnuts and a hint of fresh ginger. Good stuff.
I hope you have enjoyed this journey as much as I have.
Here’s to April 2012!
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil cooled
- 2 eggs large
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups carrots 1 1/2 cups, grated
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup raw walnuts chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray non-stick 12 muffin tin with cooking spray or line with cupcake liners.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil, eggs, pure maple syrup, applesauce, milk, and vanilla extract, carrots, and orange zest, and stir to combine.
In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, walnuts, ginger, and sea salt.
- Add the dry Ingredients into the wet mixture, and stir until smooth. The batter will resemble a cake-like batter consistency.
Add the shredded carrots, and fold into the mixture.
- Divide batter into prepared muffin tin (I use an ice cream scoop) and bake for 20 minutes, or until tops spring back to the touch or a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- While cupcakes are baking, prepare the frosting. Stir together the greek yogurt, pure maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled, spread the frosting over the top of the cupcakes.
- To store, refrigerate in a glass airtight container for up to 4 days.