This is gonna sound a little crazy, but I’ve never really been a fan of chicken wings.
I know. I’m weird.
Who doesn’t like chicken wings?
And it’s not like I’ve ever really tried that many chicken wings to determine if I even liked them or not. I just made up my mind a long time back that they weren’t for me.
Do you ever do that?
But you know who loves chicken wings?
My kiddos will eat them until we run out, faces and fingers covered in sauce. Sean can’t get enough and will gladly take any left-overs we may have.
And, pretty much, the rest of the chicken-eating world besides yours truly.
But, do you know what I can really get behind?
Make that a clean greek yogurt ranch dip.
Yep. Now we’re talking.
Heck, I’ll dip a spoon in that dip, let alone one of these tasty grilled wings.
Plus. Did you see the little drumettes? Love those, too…with this ranch dip.
It’s really a perfect match.
The savory spice rub from the wings matches really well with the cool, fresh greek yogurt ranch dip.
It’s so good.
It’s been said to convert even the most stubborn of chicken wing haters, I’m told…
Heck, if you’re a weirdo like me, it might even get ya to enjoy chicken wings!
Grilled Chicken Wings With Yogurt Ranch Dip
So, here’s to chicken wings, trying new things, and all things being made better by yummy ranch dip. 🙂
- 1 shallot finely minced
- 1 cup Greek God's Traditional Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 green onion sliced
- 1 tsp dried dill weed
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt plus more for wings, see below
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 lbs chicken wings/drumettes
- To make the yogurt ranch dipping sauce, in a medium mixing bowl, combine the Greek God’s Traditional Plain Greek Yogurt, shallot, garlic powder, sliced green onion, dried dill weed, coconut sugar, 1/2 tsp. sea salt, ground black pepper, and apple cider vinegar, and stir to combine.
- Place this into the fridge and allow to cool while you prepare the chicken wings.
- For the dry rub for the chicken, in a small mixing bowl, combine the paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, ground black pepper, and remaining 1/4 tsp. sea salt and stir to combine.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the chicken wings (I like to also use little drumettes when I make my wings) and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the dry rub over the chicken and use your hands to cover all the surfaces.
- To grill the wings, I use my indoor, cast iron grill pan, but you can also easily grill the chicken on an outdoor grill. Heat your grill to medium-high heat and grease the grill with olive oil to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Add the wings on the preheated grill, and then grill, turning occasionally, until the chicken is well browned and no longer pink, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to rest for a few minutes, before serving alongside the delicious (and clean!) greek yogurt ranch dipping sauce.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use regularly and highly recommend.