When Dustin and I were first dating, he used to cook with store-bought, pre-packaged spice mixes all the time.
He’d use them to make meals like Stroganoff, fajitas and tacos. They were what his dad used, so they were what he used.
Well, over time, as I became more comfortable in the kitchen (and in our relationship!), I decided to start trying my own seasoning mixes, rather than the packaged ones.
What a difference!
Today, you won’t find any store-bought seasoning packets in our house.
I happily changed Dustin’s mind and hope to change yours, too.
Making your own homemade taco seasoning mix will also eliminate those unnecessary ingredients like MSG, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, silicon dioxide and other not-so-fun preservatives from your food.
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- Combine all ingredients in small mixing bowl and mix well.
- Store in an airtight container if not using right away.
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts