Let me start by saying I may be a lil’ biased about this honey mustard chicken marinade because we make it ALL the time in our home. It’s darn tasty.
Plus easy, healthy, and quick. <— love.
This recipe is one that’s pretty difficult to get tired of because of how tasty it is and how juicy and tender it makes the chicken. And, since chicken breast is one of the leanest, healthiest meats, we eat it often in order to stay healthy.
One of the biggest struggles I used to have with eating healthy was making sure there was food ready to eat that was good for me.
Because: when you’re hungry, you really don’t want to spend your time cooking. Instead, you want to spend your time EATING and enjoying your healthy food and all the weight and health progress that comes along with it.
And THAT is why I love marinated chicken.
Finding different tasty marinades to use for boneless, skinless chicken breasts has been uber helpful with keeping me on track with meal prep.
So. Why is marinating chicken helpful? I’m so glad you asked!
- creates easy, flavorful chicken without much work (yay!)
- all sorts of options to spice up boring chicken
- marinating chicken makes it juicier and more tender
- can start marinating up to a day in advance for chicken
- makes meal prep easier
- can marinade in bulk
- keeps calories down because chicken is so flavorful
I like to marinate chicken using either a large, sealable bag or covering a mixing bowl with plastic wrap. As with any raw meat, make sure to refrigerate the chicken when marinating to keep from getting sick.
Sorry, had to add that mom advice in there for ya. I was powerless.
When Dustin and I are meal prepping, we’ll get a couple different marinades going for chicken so we can easily prepare different meals in bulk. This honey mustard chicken marinade and my cilantro lime chicken are the faves most of the time.
Now, let’s get real. Honey mustard anything rocks. So, creating a honey mustard marinade using clean ingredients to help meal prep so you can stay healthy and happy seems to be a pretty BIG win all around.
Easy Chicken and Dumplings
So, if you wanna keep up eating healthy, but you get tired of the same old chicken recipe all day every day, try this super tasty and easy honey mustard chicken marinade to change things up.
You’ll sure be glad ya did!
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup stone ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp dried ginger
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- garnish: chopped Italian parsley
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the raw honey, stone ground mustard, paprika, sea salt, ground black pepper, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, cayenne, cumin, and dried ginger and stir well.
- Add the boneless, skinless chicken breasts and submerge into the marinade.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least an hour or up to one night. (You could also place everything into a large ziplock bag as well.)
- Once the chicken has marinated, heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook flipping occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and golden brown on all sides, about 4-6 minutes per side.
- Garnish with chopped Italian parsley, if desired.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use regularly and highly recommend.
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts