Okay, peeps. It’s time we talk about this cilantro lime chicken recipe right here.
Now, I’m gonna go out on a limb and assume you’re into the whole flavorful, healthy, easy, and filling thing with your dinners. <— Nice!
I’m also going to assume you like cilantro and lime…
And, well, chicken, for that matter.
Assuming all those assumptions are correct, I’d like you to prepare your tastebuds for shockingly easy deliciousness.
During the week, Dustin and I like to meal prep our meals for the next several days so we have easy-to-grab lunches and dinners that make it as painless as possible to eat healthy.
Because, when you have easy-to-grab, healthy and delicious food in your fridge, you EAT it.
And it just so happens that, in addition to be super yummy right when you make it, this cilantro lime chicken recipe also reheats very well. A quick tip: If you are gonna meal prep, try dicing the chicken into bite-sized cubes and storing in these handy containers. This makes it SO MUCH easier to reheat the chicken, which — in turn — makes it stay as juicy as possible.
Because we want to keep in all that cilantro lime juiciness.
And dry chicken breast is no fun at all.
In summary, eat this cilantro lime chicken.
Cilantro Lime Chicken
And, if you want to try meal prepping with it to eat clean, use this recipe <—- it doubles and triples beautifully.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 limes approx. 4 tbsp. juice, juiced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro*
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Toss to combine and coat the chicken well.
- Cover with plastic wrap (or close Ziplock bag tightly) and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, preferably 2-3 hours, to allow the marinade to work.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with the olive oil.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and place in the hot oil.
- Cook the chicken until well-browned on both sides and cooked through, about 4-6 minutes per side, or until the chicken reaches 165 degrees F internal temperature.
- Allow to rest for 5 minute before slicing and serving.
Prep time includes time for marinating.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use regularly and highly recommend.
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts