This post was last updated on October 24, 2014 to include new images and a recipe video.
Not being able to eat pasta with this new diet has kinda been killing me. Just kinda.
I had to turn my creative thinking cap on. Like on super power mode.
I came up with zucchini noodles.
Yes, zucchini noodles!
These are so easy to make and actually replace a traditional pasta pretty darn well.
Mmm. Butter. That’s not really allowed on the diet either.
Watch me make these super easy zucchini noodles:
How to Make Zucchini Noodles
On the bright side of this diet, I have been trying new healthy recipes (like this one), have lost some weight and inches and I feel great. I just miss my pasta, that’s all.
- 4-6 zucchinis
- optional: kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Using a mandolin or vegetable peeler, carefully slice the zucchini lengthwise, starting at one end and ending on the other end. As you slice closer to the center of the zucchini, I recommend turning the zucchini over and starting again from the opposite side. You will probably leave about 1/4 of the zucchini, as the seeded area tends to fall apart when cooked anyway.
- Add the zucchini slices to the boiling water and cook very quickly, just 1-2 minutes so zucchini is tender, but does not fall apart.
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts