These Lemon Blueberry High Protein Pancakes are the perfect easy and healthy breakfast – they’re high in protein and super delicious – you won’t even miss the flour!
I’ve been meaning to try protein pancakes for the longest time now.
I mean, c’mon…pancakes that are GOOD for you??
Breakfast has always been my favorite meal. If I had unlimited time and money and the concept of carbs meant nothing to me, I think I would eat breakfast out at some diner every single morning of my life.
And I’d get pancakes for sure.
Problem is I don’t have unlimited time or money. But, possibly even more true: carbs.
That’s what makes these high protein pancakes so perfect! Not only are they a delicious (and easy!) way to get my breakfast fix any time of the day or week, they’re also super healthy.
Don’t mind me — I’ll just be eating my protes THIS way from now on.
So, if you’re looking for a healthy way to enjoy your breakfast cravings AND to stay true to your macros, give these delicious Lemon Blueberry High Protein Pancakes a try and you’ll be one happy, fit camper.
How To Make Protein Pancakes
Between the vanilla protein powder, cottage cheese, and egg whites, these pancakes are packed with protein, making them super delicious and satisfying!
You won’t believe how easy it is to make your own protein pancakes. All you have to use is a blender to purée all the ingredients and then fold in the blueberries just before cooking them in a little coconut oil on the stove. Now that’s what I call no-brainer pancakes.
Lemon Blueberry High Protein Pancakes
While you’re at it, I recommend topping these pancakes with this quick lemon yogurt sauce – it’s the perfect healthy combination!
How to Store Protein Pancakes
One of my favorite things to do is to make these high protein pancakes in bulk and then store them for later. That way, I can reheat them throughout the week and enjoy a high protein pancake breakfast.
Here’s how to do it:
- Allow the pancakes to cool to room temperature before storing.
- Use either a ziplock bag or air-tight meal prep container for storage.
- Stack the protein pancakes in the storage container, placing a piece of wax paper or parchment paper in between each pancake.
- Place the stored protein pancakes in the refrigerator or freezer.
- If refrigerating, these protein pancakes will store for 1 week.
- If freezing, these lemon blueberry pancakes will last up to 2 months.
- Store the lemon yogurt topping and blueberries separately in the refrigerator and then top after reheating.
When ready to eat, just reheat in the microwave for 1 minute if not frozen, 2 minutes if frozen.
These Lemon Blueberry High Protein Pancakes are the perfect easy and healthy breakfast - they're high in protein and super delicious - you wont even miss the flour!
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 3 egg whites
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup fresh blueberries, plus more for topping
- coconut oil, for greasing pan
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- Combine the oats, egg whites, cottage cheese, vanilla powder, 2 tsp. lemon juice, 1/4 tsp. lemon zest, and water in a blender.
- Blend until the mixture is pureed. You may need to scrape some of the protein powder from the sides of the blender, as it tends to stick.
- Once pureed, pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and fold in the blueberries.
- Once the oil is hot, pour 1/3 cup of the pancake mixture into the center of the pan. Allow to cook for 2-4 minutes, or until the edges start to harden and a spatula can easily slide underneath the pancake.
- Flip over and cook an additional 2-4 minutes, or until the batter is cooked through.
- Repeat with remaining pancakes.
- To make the optional yogurt topping, combine the yogurt, honey, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a small mixing bowl.
- To serve, drizzle the yogurt sauce over the pancakes along with a few fresh blueberries and optional lemon zest for garnish.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use regularly and highly recommend.
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts