I recently made this Pasta Primavera and wanted to share it with you. It’s a ridiculously easy meal you could easily make for a weeknight dinner or even use to impress your guests.
I love how fresh and simple it is.
Aside from the high yummy factor, this pasta recipe is also versatile. You can include whatever fresh vegetables you wish and it will still pretty much rock.
I personally love crisp asparagus, sweet red bell peppers and vibrant cherry tomatoes in mine. But, if you don’t, just use something else.
No hard feelings. I promise.
If you’re looking to lighten things up, simply skip the parmesan and cream and add a drizzle of good quality olive oil instead.
Incidentally, this makes the pasta dairy free as well.
I also highly recommend the garnish of fresh julienned basil.
- 3 cups uncooked noodles farfalle, ribbon, bow-tie, spiral all work
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb fresh asparagus trimmed and chopped into 2-inch slices
- 2 carrots cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt plus more to taste
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper plus more to taste
- optional garnish: fresh basil julienned
- Cook pasta in well salted, boiling water until al dente (almost fully cooked), about 8-12 minutes. Once al dente, drain and rinse with warm water. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in large skillet. Add asparagus, onion and carrots and saute until onion becomes translucent and carrots start to become tender, about 6-8 minutes. Add red bell peppers and cook an additional 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add parmesan and cream and stir to combine (if going dairy-free, skip this step or add some vegetable broth if desired). Toss with drained pasta and heat through. Add the tomato halves and toss again. Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper.
Oh – and wish me luck in the #TuscanyNowCookOff competition with this delicious, Italy-inspired recipe. For more info, click here.
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts