Today is Day 3 of the Spring Into Health Lunch Challenge. Woot!
Just like with this challenge, I like to look at eating healthy as being part of a journey.
My healthy eating journey has had starts and stops.
It has had moments where I wanted to quit and even moments where I did for a little bit.
I’ve had moments where I hate how I look, think, or feel.
It took months of figuring out how to make changes for what my body needed, to learn what balance I could create to be happy and healthy.
I have tried counting calories and restricting as well as clean eating.
It took real effort, determination, and strength.
And the result has been so worth it!
Once you start making these positive changes, it becomes a little easier, moment by moment.
And, when you make bad choice, don’t beat yourself up.
Instead focus on the positive choices you have made. You’ll find positivity goes a long way to rebounding faster.
DAY 3: Strawberry Fields Salad with Chia Seed Vinaigrette
It’s all part of the journey.
Come join our lunch challenge journey by clicking here.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups baby spring lettuce mix
- 2 tbsp rolled oats, uncooked
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 3 tbsp goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp black chia seeds
- To make the chia seed vinaigrette, in a medium mixing bowl, combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, raw honey, and black chia seeds. Stir well and then set aside.
To toast the oats, preheat your oven to 300 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper and add the oats. Place in the oven and toast, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until they are golden brown. Set aside and allow to cool.
To toast the pecans, increase the heat in your oven to 325 degrees F. Place the roughly chopped raw pecans on a baking sheet lined with tin foil or parchment paper and toast them just until they become aromatic, about 8-10 minutes. You have to watch them carefully as they are easily burned. Remove from oven and allow to cool, then chop into small pieces.
- To toast the coconut flakes, add the unsweetened coconut flakes to a baking sheet lined with tin foil or parchment paper and place into the 325 degree oven for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden. Toss frequently and watch carefully. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- To assemble the salad, in a large mixing bowl, combine the baby spring lettuce mix, sliced strawberries, toasted oats, toasted pecans, crumbled goat cheese, and toasted coconut flakes
- To serve, drizzle with the chia seed vinaigrette, toss, and top with a little more toasted coconut and enjoy.
If you’re prepping this salad ahead, make sure to keep the dressing in a separate container and then toss right when you’re ready to enjoy.
Make sure to go sign up for our 7 day spring into health lunch challenge so you can get in on all this tasty, healthy lunch goodness that’s going on right now!
This post contains affiliate links for products I use regularly and highly recommend.
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts