This post has been updated to include new images and a recipe video.
Do you know how to pronounce the word, “Compote?”
Well…I didn’t for the longest time. Like until just 5 minutes ago. Sigh.
I knew how to cook a compote and what it was and that I liked it on my pancakes. But actually pronouncing it?
Not so much.
At restaurants, I would kind of mumble or slur my words so as not to give away I didn’t know how to say it.
Sad, I know.
And I probably wasn’t even fooling anyone. Ah well.
The thing is: I have a wonderful and easy peasy Blueberry Compote recipe I wanted to share but I felt I couldn’t post the recipe unless I knew how to pronounce the word accurately.
I know. I know. You would’ve never even known I couldn’t pronounce it if I hadn’t said anything.
But I had to come clean. It had been too long!
I feel much better now, so thank you very much.
In fact, I even found a website that pronounces words for you. So if you don’t know how to pronounce “compote” either, just click on over here.
No one will ever know…
**Cough** No judging. **Cough**
Like #fruity toppings on your #pancakes, #waffles or #oatmeal? Make this easy #Blueberry #Compote in a snap! So #yummy. #Recipe (with new #foodphotos and a @youtube #video is at http://www.asweetpeachef.com/featured/easy-blueberry-compote/ #breakfast #onthetable #tbt #syrup #instafood #aspc #asweetpeachef #cookingcanbeeasy
Who are we kidding here?
Check out this video to see just how crazily easy this compote is to make. And, yes, to say as well.
Easy Blueberry Compote
- 2 cups frozen blueberries, divided
- 3 tbsp. water
- 2½ tbsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½-1 tsp. fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Pour half the blueberries (1 cup) into a medium sauce pan and set aside the remaining 1 cup. Add the water, honey and cinnamon and cook over medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, gently smash the blueberries against the pan using a wooden or plastic spatula. Add the remaining blueberries and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes to heat through.
- Add lemon juice, if desired, to taste. (This will make the blueberry flavor pop a little bit more but isn't necessary.)
- Serve warm.
Take control of your food
Get my FREE guide on How To Start Eating Clean!