Welcome to Day 6 of the Spring Into Health Lunch Challenge!
Do you ever feel like nothing quite works out the way you wanted?
I know I have that happen a lot.
The struggle to get the kids ready for school and then you realize you forgot something.
Trying to make healthy decisions and then you slip up and “accidentally” eat two bowls of ice cream that were left over from your daughter’s birthday party.
Sometimes, we make decisions that we later regret.
And I’ll let you in on a little secret…
The trick is not letting it consume you and, instead, moving on to the next decision.
Forgive yourself. Embrace your imperfections.
Just say, “I’ll try again next time.”
Shoot to create a healthy eating lifestyle system that works for you and your family.
Try to make small changes to things you want to improve and forgive yourself when it doesn’t come easy.
It’s ok to try and fail because the next time it WILL be easier.
You are almost through the challenge — it’s already Day 6! Woohoo!
We have a great salad for you today: a Chopped Thai Salad with Peanut Dressing. OMG so yummy.
I’d love for you to head on over to the Take Back Your Health Community and share a pic of one of the lunches you’ve enjoyed this week. We love your healhty lunch photos and they help to inspire others to get started eating healthy.
If you want more help…
If you’re ready for a little bit of extra help with meal plans, delicious recipes and shopping lists to make healthy eating easy…
Then check out the 30 Day Healthy Program. 30 days of awesome, delicious, tasty food and healthy living inspiration all delivered to your inbox.
Chopped Thai Salad with Peanut Dressing
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 4 cups kale, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 small red cabbage, sliced
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp raw honey*
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- To make the peanut dressing, in a blender, combine olive oil, garlic cloves, low sodium soy sauce, rice vinegar, raw honey, sesame oil, fresh ginger, peanut butter, freshly lime juice, and crushed red pepper flakes. Puree until very smooth. Set aside.
To assemble the salad, in a large mixing bowl, combine the tiny sliced kale, thawed shelled edamame, shredded carrots, sliced red bell pepper, sliced yellow bell pepper, sliced red cabbage, chopped cilantro, sliced green onions, and sliced cucumber.
- To serve, drizzle with the peanut dressing and chopped peanuts and enjoy.
* To make this salad vegan, replace the raw honey with pure maple syrup.
If you’re prepping this ahead and want it to be as fresh as possible, don’t add the dressing until you’re ready to toss. This also goes great in a mason jar stacked in layers.
Come join our Spring Into Health Lunch Challenge now so you can get in on all this tasty, healthy lunch goodness that’s going on right now!
This post contains affiliate links for products I use regularly and highly recommend.