These 10 healthy soup recipes are easy, delicious, and will help keep you warm and cozy while you enjoy your healthy lifestyle.
If you’re anything like me, you’re getting super excited for the cooler weather.
Because, let’s face it, you are totally giddy with delight at the notion that this means you can make more soup! More yummy, soul-warming, comforting soups, that is. Heehee!
To share my excitement, I thought I’d highlight a few of my absolute favorite healthy soup recipes — guaranteed to fit the bill now that it’s going to be cooler. These are the best soup recipes I’ve found that not only fill you up, but maintain your healthy lifestyle, too!
Healthy Soup Recipes You Can Freeze
Looking to prep some healthy soup recipes and freeze them? Awesome. First off – you totally rock for prepping ahead. Second, here are some tips for how to freeze soup so it’s ready and perfect when it’s time to enjoy it.
How To Freeze Soup
- Cool It Down First: Putting hot soup right into the freezer can thaw your already-frozen food by bringing up the temperature. Make sure to allow your soup to come closer to room temperature before placing into the freezer. You can do this by placing it in the fridge or dividing it into smaller portions which will cool down quicker.
- Portion It Out Before Freezing: Yes, soup is made in a large batch, but it doesn’t have to be frozen that way. Turn your soup into convenient grab-and-go meals by freezing it in individual servings. I use these quart-size freezer bags or freezer-safe glass containers to freeze soups. Keep in mind the soup will expand as it freezes so allow for space when freezing.
- Keep Vegetables Slightly Undercooked: If you know you’ll be freezing your soup, try not to cook the vegetables all the way through. That way, they’ll be perfectly cooked when reheated and not mushy.
- Separate Grains and Pasta: Pasta and grains will continue to soak up liquid as they freeze. If you like them al dente (not fully soft), you can cook and freeze any pasta or grains separately from the soup and then add them into the soup once it’s reheated.
- Hold the Dairy: Dairy tends to separate and become grainy when frozen and reheated. If you can leave it out of the soup ahead of time, it’s best. To remember how much to add when it’s time to reheat, you can write on the bag ahead of time.
- Freeze Flat First: If using a freezer bag to store your soup, freeze flat on a sheet pan and then stack the frozen, flat soups to save space.
- Add Labels: I don’t know about you, but my freezer can turn into a scary place if I don’t use labels. Foods disappear and become hard to distinguish so labeling will put all your effort to good use when you know exactly what you’re holding months later.
My 10 Best Healthy Soup Recipes
1. Cream of Tomato Soup –This easy Cream of Tomato Soup recipe is the perfect flavorful fresh tomato soup ever. It freezes and reheats very well and is easily vegan or vegetarian. Ready in just 35 minutes! [GET THE RECIPE.]
2. Roasted Acorn Squash Soup –Delicious, healthy, vegetarian, vegan, and perfect for the Fall. [GET THE RECIPE.]
3. Minestrone –I love my minestrone to be full of fresh vegetables, noodles and tasty broth. I hope you do, too. [GET THE RECIPE.]
4. Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup – All the tastiness of flavorful chicken enchiladas without the guilt. Perfect for a cold day! [GET THE RECIPE.]
5. Light Baked Potato Soup – Stuffed with all the fixings and easy to make any weeknight. [GET THE RECIPE.]
6. Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup – Just one bowl of this soup will not only fill you up, but it will provide you with 21 grams of fiber and 28 grams of protein. [GET THE RECIPE.]
7. Butternut Squash Bisque –This Butternut Squash Bisque is super simple to make and tastes lusciously delicious. It can easily be converted to be dairy-free as well. [GET THE RECIPE.]
8. Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup – So easy to make and will be the last tortilla soup recipe you’ll ever need. [GET THE RECIPE.]
9. Easy Cream of Broccoli – Ready in just 25 minutes and is so flavorful, you wont even believe it doesn’t have cream. So simple, yet so yummy! [GET THE RECIPE.]
10. Slow Cooker Hot And Sour Soup– A great new way to enjoy a take-out favorite at home. Shockingly easy and very satisfying. [GET THE RECIPE.]
Want More Healthy Recipes?
I hope you’ve found these easy healthy soup recipes helpful ad full of inspiration. If you’d like to get weekly emails from me with 5 healthy recipes and a grocery list plus lots of other helpful goodies, come check out No-Fail Meals, my weekly meal planning service. Learn more about No-Fail Meals here.