To make this irresistible honey roasted peanut butter, all you need is a food processor and just a few minutes of time. It takes just 3 ingredients, plus it’s super easy, and absolutely delicious!
I love peanut butter.
My 4 kiddos love peanut butter, too.
I like Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Protein Shakes for breakfast on the weekdays.
And you guessed it – my gang loves Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Protein Shakes for breakfast on the weekdays, just like me.
You can imagine we go through quite a lot of peanut butter. And bananas. And, well, shakes, too…
So, as the organic creamy peanut butter bills piled up (and up and up!), I decided to make my own peanut butter.
That’s why I absolutely love making my own Honey Roasted Peanut Butter.
It’s so good! And cheap!
This recipe is so easy. You may never need to buy peanut butter from the store again. Gasp!
For you peanut butter lovers out there (and your peanut-butter-loving-kids), this is for you.
TIPS FOR MAKING HONEY ROASTED PEANUT BUTTER
There are a few tips and tricks for making yummy peanut butter at home.
- Raw peanuts need to be baked first: Roasting the nuts warms the oil in the peanuts and makes them break down more easily in the food processor. The flavor will be better, too.
- Don’t rush the process: Be patient as you blend the nuts in the processor; it will take a few sessions of processing for the nuts to form the right consistency.
- Make it creamy: If you like your peanut butter creamy, make sure to keep blending until you reach the consistency you want. Also, remove the skin on the peanuts to make it as creamy as possible.
- Stir it up: If at any time the peanut butter needs mixing, just stir it up.
- Vary it: If you want crunchy peanut butter, add finely chopped peanuts to the finished mixture.
HOW TO MAKE HONEY ROASTED PEANUT BUTTER
Making peanut butter is easy and kinda fun, too! The kids love to help and, of course, be taste testers. Here are the steps in a nutshell:
- Begin with shelled and skin-off raw peanuts
- Mix the peanuts, sea salt and raw honey together
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, being careful not to burn them
- Process the nuts, stopping every few minutes as per the recipe to scrape the sides of the food processor bowl
- Feel free to adjust the salt and honey to your preference after you’ve sampled a yummy taste
HOW TO STORE HONEY ROASTED PEANUT BUTTER
I know many people say to always store your peanut butter in the fridge, but I store mine in the pantry because I absolutely love creamy peanut butter, and it’s ore creamy when it comes out of the pantry at room temperature. It will stay fresh for up to a month. An airtight jar works well and makes for easy stirring if need be.
If you do wind up storing it in the freezer, and you find it a bit thick, leave it on the counter for 10 minutes before you want to use it, and then the consistency will be thinner, and easier to stir together.
To freeze, use an airtight container and store for up to 6 months. When ready to use the peanut butter, thaw it in the fridge and then stir before eating to make it nice and creamy for spreading on your toast!
NUT SUBSTITUTES FOR HONEY ROASTED PEANUT BUTTER
Try making other types of nut butters. They are all delicious and good for you! Consider these nuts:
- Brazil nuts
HOW TO MAKE YOUR HONEY ROASTED PEANUT BUTTER VEGAN
A simple switch from the raw honey to maple syrup will give you vegan peanut butter. These options are good as well. Taste test as you work – you may want to add extra salt, for instance.
- Peanut oil
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Agave syrup
TASTY ADDITIONS TO HONEY ROASTED PEANUT BUTTER
Peanut butter is so good for you – the protein in the nuts makes it a good addition to any meal. It’s fun and a nice change to add a little extra ingredient now and then. Try these suggestions:
- Maple syrup
- Cocoa powder and coconut sugar
MORE HEALTHY PEANUT BUTTER RECIPES
If you love, love peanut butter you’ll be happy to know there are lots more recipes on the blog. Try these – they are the best!
- Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- $850 Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Peanut Butter Protein Cookies
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Chocolate, Banana, Peanut Butter Protein Shake
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars
PLUS, check out this video to see how super easy it is to make some homemade peanut butter for yourself at home.
To make this irresistible honey roasted peanut butter, all you need is a food processor and just a few minutes of time. It takes just 3 ingredients, is super easy, and absolutely delicious!
- 16 oz raw peanuts unsalted (2 cups)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine peanuts with salt and honey. Using a spoon, mix well so that all peanuts are evenly coated. Lay peanuts out evenly and in one layer over the baking tray. Roast for 15-20 minutes, or until well-browned and dark, but not burnt. Half-way though, toss peanuts using a spatula for even roasting. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
Add peanuts to a food processor and turn on for 1 minute. Remove the lid and press the peanuts back down along the sides using a spatula. Replace the lid and turn food processor back on for an additional two minutes. Repeat with spatula if needed. The consistency of the peanuts will change, don't worry. Process until smooth, about 1-2 more minutes.
- Adjust flavor as desired by adding more salt, honey or even a pinch of cinnamon.
- Place in an air-tight container and refrigerate for up to 2 months.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use regularly and highly recommend.