Okay, peeps. I have some very good news for you.
This recipe is centered around two of my loves: chocolate and peanut butter. Sound familiar?
Second, this recipe takes less than 10 minutes and only 6 ingredients.
Yep: not even 10 minutes.
If you’ve never made your own energy balls, energy bites, or protein bars before, I highly recommend you start with this recipe. This is a virtually fool-proof recipe that is so delicious and easy.
Plus, again, less than 10 minutes.
It’s like redonk easy.
While you can make an energy ball with all kinds of ingredients, I love starting mine with a base of dates. Dates are full of naturally occurring sugars which makes the recipe nice and sweet without having to add any added sweetener.
Plus, dates are pretty sticky already which makes the whole ball hold together very well.
Just make sure your dates are pitted BEFORE adding them to the food processor – processed date pits are the worst!
Thought I was gonna say. “..the pits,” right there, didn’t ya? 😉
These no bake chocolate peanut butter energy balls are so darn amaze-balls (sorry, just had to on that one!), you’re just not even gonna be able to believe it.
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls
And remember: less than 10 minutes.
- 1 cup dates pitted
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Next, add in the old fashioned oats, dark chocolate morsels, chia seeds, peanut butter, and ground cinnamon and process until combined.
- Check the mixture - you want there to be consistently small pieces but not have it be overly processed.
- Carefully grab a small handful and roll into about 1-inch balls, using the warmth of your hands to mold them together.
- You should be able to make about 12-15 energy balls.
- No need to bake these - just pop them in fridge or freezer for about 15 minutes to set.
- These energy balls will keep fresh in an air-tight container for up to a week or you could freeze for longer.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use frequently and highly recommend.
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts