Okay, so it’s mid February, getting close to March. How go your healthy eating resolutions?
Have you been able to stay on track with eating whole, real foods and steering clear of refined sugars?
Or, has it been more of an uphill battle thus far?
It’s okay – either answer is okay. Let’s hear it.
Resolutions can be tough. They are big changes to our world and require work.
But you know what makes them so much easier to keep?
Having a plan.
Seriously. A plan makes ALL the difference. Planning out your meals can be so so so SO helpful so you don’t find yourself hungry at 5:39 p.m. on Tuesday evening, wondering what you’re gonna do for dinner, ultimately decided to just order a pizza because it’s easy and quick.
Meal planning means you can actually plan to eat easy and quick HEALTHY meals that will (1) taste amazing, (2) make you feel awesome, and (3) keep you on track with your goals.
See? Having a plan = 🙂
So, today, I want to share my favorite new easy and healthy dinner recipes with you.
These Low Carb Turkey Burger Bowls came about because I had some Honeysuckle White ground turkey in the fridge and wanted to try something new — something fresh — something that would get me excited about dinner.
Of course, my mind went to burgers. Turkey burgers. But I wanted something…new.
So I decided to make a yummy and low carb twist on a turkey burger. I love using lean ground turkey over ground chicken breast for these bowls because it actually has more protein, fewer calories, and less total fat and cholesterol than ground chicken. Plus, I find turkey burgers more flavorful and have a better texture than chicken burgers.
Aaaand because bowls are so hot right now, I had to put it in a bowl!
And zucchini noodles? Are you kidding me? Nom.
This bowl is great because it changes up your typical dinner AND makes great left-overs – you just need to store the pieces separately and assemble when you’re ready to eat. Then, all ya gotta do is fry the egg and slice the avocado and your dinner prep just took you 8 minutes.
Ok, so can I talk about how much I love all the different textures, colors, and flavors in this bowl? We’ve got juicy, vibrant tomatoes in sweet balsamic vinegar and tangy lime juice, crispy and tender charred sweet red onions, smooth and creamy sliced avocado, yummy and fresh zucchini noodles, a savory, high-protein turkey burger, all topped with a hot fried egg and drizzled with a cool spicy sriracha mayo sauce.
So much yum.
Fit and healthy meal plan perfection. Basically.
So, whether you’re totes on track with your healthy eating resolution, you’re one candy bar away from completely giving up on this healthy diet thing, or you just need a fresh new dinner idea to keep up your interest, check out Honeysuckle White lean ground turkey at your local H-E-B store or here and make this low carb Turkey Burger Bowl with Sriracha Mayo for dinner tonight!
- 1 lb Honeysuckle White lean ground turkey
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup avocado oil mayo or olive oil mayo
- 1 1/2 tsp Sriracha
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp unsweetened almond milk
- 4 large zucchini spiralized
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion sliced into wedges
- To make the balsamic tomato salad, in a small mixing bowl, combine the halved grape tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and some freshly squeezed lime juice. Set aside.
- To make the Sriracha mayo to drizzle over our bowl, in a small bowl, combine either avocado oil or olive oil mayo (the less ingredients, the better), Sriracha, sea salt, fresh, lime juice, and unsweetened almond milk and stir to combine. You can set this aside as well.
- To make the turkey burger patties, grab about 1/2 cup of the ground turkey and form into a patties. Try to make the patties as evenly sized as possible so they cook evenly and are done at the same time.
- Season both sides of the patties with a mixture of sea salt, ground black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add a little olive oil.
- Add the patties, being careful not to overcrowd them, and cook about 5-6 minutes per side, until golden brown on both sizes and 165 degrees F internally (you can use a digital meat thermometer to help with this). Remove from the heat and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add the quartered red onion and cook on all sides until golden brown and tender, about 3-4 minutes per side. Then remove from the heat.
- To make the zucchini noodles, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and add the spiralized zucchini noodles, sea salt, and ground black pepper, and toss to coat. Cook until the noodles are just tender, about 6-8 minutes, tossing frequently.
- To make the fried egg, add a little olive oil to a small skillet and heat over low heat. Add the egg and season with a little sea salt and ground black pepper. Cook until the egg whites are solid and the yolk is heated through, about 5-6 minutes. You can either flip over to cook the other side, or keep sunny side up.
- To assemble the bowl, start by adding a bed of the sauteed zucchini noodles, followed by our seasoned lean turkey burger patty, the balsamic tomato salad, half the sliced avocado, the charred red onions, and then top off with the fried egg. Drizzle the Sriracha mayo over the top to bring it all together.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use regularly and highly recommend.
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts