Looking for a more grown-up version of brown sugar glazed baby carrots? Good!
‘Cuz here it is!
Not that there’s anything wrong with the basics that make your inner child smile. Keeping your inner child happy and satisfied is definitely important.
But, sometimes, more adult versions are called for. And these Maple Ginger Glazed Carrots do the trick.
I especially enjoy how the fresh ginger contrasts with the sweetness of the maple syrup to make for a more sophisticated side dish.
I know…I don’t get very “sophisticated” that often — and it’s still arguable if cooked carrots even meet that standard — but work with me on this one!
Simple. Easy. Quick. Tasty.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil butter
- 15 carrots cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- optional: fresh Italian parsley for garnish
In a skillet or large saucepan, melt 1 tbsp. coconut oil over medium heat.
Add carrots, maple syrup, and ginger and stir to combine. Cover and cook 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrots are almost tender.
- Uncover and cook 5-8 more minutes until liquid has reduced by half and carrots are tender.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.