Have you ever made homemade applesauce?
Better yet: have you ever tasted homemade applesauce?
Three words: Oh. My. Goodness.
I hope you try this recipe. It’s super simple to make and makes a wonderfully cinnamon-flavored chunky applesauce you won’t soon forget.
In fact, it’s so easy you may never buy canned applesauce again.
- 5-6 small to medium apples peeled, cored and quartered
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat all the ingredients over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until apples are soft enough to mash.
- Using a masher or just a fork, gently mash the apples. They should pretty much fall apart on their own. Mash to desired consistency. Cool in the refrigerator prior to serving.
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts