Happy Cinco De Mayo! Enjoy this collection of the most favorite Cinco de Mayo recipes and how to make Mexican food healthier!
Fun fact: Think Cinco De Mayo is to celebrate Mexican Independence? Nope – that’s actually celebrated on September 16th. The Cinco De Mayo (“May 5th”) holiday is to celebrate the Mexican army’s unlikely victory over France and Napoleon III on May 5, 1862 at the Battle of Puebla. And, now you know what Cinco De Mayo actually is!
Another fun fact: You might be surprised to know I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Spanish Literature and I am bilingual in both English and Spanish.
Check out my lightened up versions of many easy Cinco De Mayo recipes! Mexican food is near and dear to my heart, and I love it so much. That’s why I’ve gone all out to make these 22 healthy Mexican food recipes. While we enjoy many of these recipes year round, they’re perfect for this special holiday.
22 Easy & Healthy Cinco De Mayo Recipes
1. Shredded Chicken Enchiladas – A quick, easy and delicious homemade Shredded Chicken Enchiladas recipe you can make for dinner tonight! [GET THE RECIPE.]
2. Quinoa And Black Bean Enchiladas – This vegan enchiladas recipe features a super easy 10-minute Vegan Red Enchilada Sauce. So tasty and so satisfying! [GET THE RECIPE.]
3. Ground Beef Enchiladas – The Ground Beef Enchiladas are super easy to make and pack a flavorful bite. [GET THE RECIPE.]
4. Chili Verde Enchiladas – This Chile Verde is so flavorful and has just the right amount of heat. [GET THE RECIPE.]
5. Quinoa Taco Stackers – These Quinoa Taco Stackers have all the goodness of tacos stacked up neatly in a grab and go mason jar. [GET THE RECIPE.]
6. Turkey Taco Bowl – Enjoy this hearty and healthy Turkey Taco Lunch Bowl as a filling lunch to get you through the day – works great for meal prepping, too! [GET THE RECIPE.]
7. Cilantro Lime Chicken – This Cilantro Lime Chicken recipe is not only quick and flavorful, but it’s also healthy and so easy to make! [GET THE RECIPE.]
8. Sweet Potato Nachos – These are some serious sweet potato nachos. So much flavor. So many textures and without any processed, over-salted chips! [GET THE RECIPE.]
9. Spicy Shrimp Tacos – These Spicy Shrimp Tacos are piled high with spicy shrimp, pico de gallo, and a creamy avocado cilantro lime dressing over a yummy and clean corn tortilla. [GET THE RECIPE.]
10. Tamales – Learn how to make pork tamales and you’ll be set for life. [GET THE RECIPE.]
11. Chicken Tacos – These Chicken Tacos are delicious and easy PLUS I love the fresh pico de gallo, homemade taco seasoning blend, and chipotle lime sauce! [GET THE RECIPE.]
12. Green Chile Pork Tacos – Enjoy these green chile pork tacos using a slow cooker any night of the week! [GET THE RECIPE.]
13. Chicken Burrito Bowls – These slow cooker chicken burrito bowls are healthy, easy, clean, and include a delicious cauliflower rice. [GET THE RECIPE.]
14. Chicken Tortilla Soup – This Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup is so easy to make and will be the last tortilla soup recipe you’ll ever need. [GET THE RECIPE.]
15. Steak Fajita Bowl – Steak Fajitas + Cilantro Lime Rice = THIS yummy steak fajita bowl! Recipe includes how to marinate flank steak and how to make cilantro lime rice! [GET THE RECIPE.]
16. Corn Tortillas – These homemade corn tortillas are clean, gluten-free, easy, and require just 4 ingredients! [GET THE RECIPE.]
17. Sweet Potato Tortillas – How to make sweet potato tortillas using just 3 ingredients! These easy homemade tortillas are great for tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, or just enjoying by themselves. [GET THE RECIPE.]
18. Spinach Tortillas – These easy homemade spinach tortillas need just 4 ingredients. They’re vegan and a totally delicious healthy substitute for refined flour tortillas. [GET THE RECIPE.]
19. Guacamole – All it takes to make The Perfect Guacamole is a few fresh ingredients and some simple guidelines. [GET THE RECIPE.]
20. Pico De Gallo – My go-to easy pico de gallo recipe that’s perfect as an appetizer, on tacos, or just by the spoonful! [GET THE RECIPE.]
21. Salsa Verde – Easy, delicious, and flavorful salsa verde recipe in just 10 minutes! [GET THE RECIPE.]
22. Horchata – Make this easy, refreshing and cool Mexican Horchata Recipe at home! [GET THE RECIPE.]
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts