Looking for a gift to show family and friends how much you care this holiday season? This guide gives suggestions for those who like to cook and maintain a healthy lifestyle. It’s the ultimate guide to help you choose healthy living gifts, gifts for chefs, and for anyone who loves spending time in the kitchen!
December is here. Which means the Winter holidays are just around the corner. Are you excited? I know I am. And my kids are definitely excited, too.
While I love Christmas and everything it entails including the food part – oh, who am I kidding, that’s one of the most important parts – I know this time of the year can be very stressful. There are so many things to do and so little time. We have plans to make, gifts to buy, errands to run, parties or gatherings to attend or host, food to cook, cookies and desserts to bake, and so many other things to do. That’s hectic. And stressful.
I don’t want you to be stressed or to give up your healthy lifestyle during the holidays and that’s why I share healthy, no-fail, and delicious recipes you can prep and cook. But, this year, I decided to do a little more and help you out with some healthy gift ideas.
If you want to make your family and friends a little healthier and happier this holiday season, this gift guide that includes a list of cooking tools, kitchen tools, best cookware, kitchen gadgets, meal prep storage, and healthy pantry staples will definitely come in handy. It will also make your job easier ‘cuz this gift guide includes all the kitchen essentials and kitchen appliances needed by someone who wants to change their lifestyle or who is already on a clean eating journey. You don’t have to spend time researching, you have everything in one place.
So, if you want to surprise your loved ones with purposeful gifts that will make their life easier and healthier, you are in the right place.
HEALTHY GIFT IDEAS
These healthy cooking tools and healthy kitchen gadgets help me a lot. Some are kitchen essentials that are mandatory in every kitchen while others are just useful tools that can make our lives easier. They are all tried and tested. I know I wouldn’t be able to prep, cook, or bake so many nutritional recipes without them and that’s why I think they make great healthy gift ideas.
I divided this list into 5 categories – meal prep storage, healthy kitchen gadgets, healthy cooking tools, best cookware for healthy cooking, and healthy pantry essentials. There’s definitely something for every preference and budget in this gift guide, so all you have to do is select your favorite healthy gift ideas and add them to your Christmas gift shopping list.
1. MEAL PREP STORAGE
I’ll start this gift guide with meal prep storage because I truly believe the key to a healthy lifestyle is planning and meal prep. Meal prep storage is definitely an awesome healthy gift idea. And you have a few options:
- Airtight containers – You can opt for glass or plastic. I prefer glass containers but plastic ones are good too. Airtight containers are definitely a MUST in any kitchen and, in my experience, the more airtight containers you have the better, so they definitely make great gifts for healthy eaters!
- Mason jars – Besides the classic airtight containers, you can add mason jars to your list. Some meal prep is stored better in mason jars including jar salads, smoothies, salad dressings, homemade lemonade, and overnight oats.
- Airtight containers for storing dried goods – These are great as gifts as well. And you can find so many amazing ones. I particularly love a canister set that is perfect for storing coconut sugar, flour, and other pantry essentials.
2. HEALTHY KITCHEN GADGETS
I love my kitchen gadgets. They make cooking so much easier and they are totes amazing as healthy gift ideas. Granted, kitchen gadgets are more expensive than other kitchen tools and they take up a lot of space. They are great gifts but make sure you gift them only to people you know very well so you can make sure they need them and they have the space for them.
- Veggie spiralizer – I have this one that comes with various attachments. It’s perfect for making healthy pasta (hello zucchini noodles, sweet potato, beet, and carrot pasta) but it’s great for salads too. If you are curious about what a spiralizer can do, check out my spiralizer guide.
- Blender – I use my blender to make smoothies, cakes, sauces, meal sides such as homemade gravy and other healthy meals and treats. Owning a blender is amazing and I think everybody should have one.
- Food processor – This kitchen gadget is another one I couldn’t live without. I use it to make breadcrumbs, to crush almonds, to make peanut butter, and to puree cauliflower and pumpkin.
- Slow cooker or instant pot – Both are amazing and easy to use. And both can make cooking so much easier. Plus they make everything taste better and they make meal prep very quick. For tips on using your slow cooker and instant pot, look here and here!
- Grill – I don’t know about you but I use my grill year-round. I have the Weber Spirit Grill and I love it. If a grill is out of your budget but you know someone who owns a grill and loves to use it, you can opt for grill accessories.
- Digital thermometer – A digital thermometer is a useful tool in general, but particularly good for those who do not have a lot of experience in the kitchen.
- Immersion blender – Many foods require blending – whether it’s soups, sauces or desserts we’re talking about. An immersion blender is great to have around. Check my immersion blender recipes to see all the things you can do with it.
- Kitchen scale – A kitchen scale is a healthy gift idea because it helps during the cooking process for precision, but also for portion control.
3. HEALTHY COOKING TOOLS
Off to healthy cooking tools now. We have all the kitchen essentials here including cutlery, utensils, and other useful kitchen tools. I find when you have everything you need organized and within reach, it makes for an enjoyable time in the kitchen. These are some of the tools I use.
Food Prep Set
- Mixing bowls – You’ve got to admit, a beautiful set of mixing bowls just makes mixing that much more fun!
- Measuring cups – Measuring cups, are of course, an essential tool. I like a set that snaps together so you can find them easily when needed.
- Measuring glasses – Clear measuring glasses are super. They don’t stain when making things like homemade ketchup.
- Measuring spoons – Last but not least in the measuring department are measuring spoons. I keep a couple of sets on hand.
To be fair, there is a lot of cooking going on in my kitchen every day. That, plus testing new recipes. So clearly, I need many mixing bowls and measuring spoons all the time. However, these kitchen essentials are great in any kitchen. And a food prep set that includes all these kitchen essentials makes a great healthy gift idea.
Set Of Knives
A set of knives is another great gift for chefs or people who love to cook. Having the best knife for the job makes kitchen prep quicker. Chopping sweet potatoes or slicing chicken is a smooth process with the right knife.
- Chef knife – The chef knife is the most important one because it’s multi-functional.
- Bread knife – Whether you are making zucchini bread or homemade bread as a side, having a good bread knife is ideal.
- Paring knife – Slicing apples and veggies is a snap with a sharp paring knife.
- Knife guards – And you can include knife guards for safety.
- Knife sharpener – Add a knife sharpener to the knife set to make the gift even better.
- Cutting boards – If you want, you can add cutting boards, too – extra-large or smaller ones.
These cooking tools are not only kitchen must-haves that are used all the time, but they are also versatile and can be used for many things. Good quality kitchen tools make a great gift, peeps.
- Dough blender – For making holiday pies, you’ve got to have a dough blender.
- Potato masher – For making the best-ever creamy potatoes, gift a potato masher.
- Whisk – Fluffy omelets and scrambled eggs turn out perfect with the right whisk!
- Vegetable peeler – Another essential!
- Fine mesh strainer – Strain sauces and more with a fine mesh strainer.
- Can opener – A good can opener can make all the difference, avoiding sharp edges, too.
- Kitchen scraper – Using a kitchen scraper to move chopped veggies from the cutting board to the pot speeds things up.
- Colander – I use my colander for rinsing fruits and veggies, among many other tasks. It’s a great gift for anyone.
- Grater – To make the cheesiest Mac and Cheese, I use my grater.
I don’t think I have to tell you why they are important but I can tell you that they do belong on your healthy gift ideas list! I recommend silicone utensils because they are safe to use in all types of pans, pots, and skillets, are very easy to clean, and they look very cool.
- Spoons – There is a big variety of spoons to choose from that’ll make every task in the kitchen easier.
- Spatulas – For making homemade ice cream in the food processor, a spatula comes in handy.
- Tongs – Tongs are a good healthy gift idea. Whether tossing a salad or flipping chicken breasts, tongs do the job.
4. BEST COOKWARE FOR HEALTHY COOKING
Anything cookware and bakeware makes great gifts for healthy eaters and that includes pans, casseroles, and cast iron skillets. You can never have too many, especially when feeding a crowd!
A skillet set is great for pretty much anyone since they can use it to meal prep all kinds of food. If you know someone who needs one of these pans, don’t have second thoughts and get one for them.
- Large skillet – A skillet is a healthy gift idea for anyone who loves to cook. It’s versatile and has many uses.
- Omelet pan – Make the perfect, non-stick omelet in the omelet pan. Eggs are super good for you, my friends!
- Cast iron skillet – I love the weight of the cast iron skillet and the fact that it can go in the oven, no problem.
- Saucepan – Anyone who is a lover of making their own healthy sauces needs a good saucepan.
- Stock pot – A stock pot makes a great gift too. It’s great for steaming veggies or boiling pasta.
- Dutch oven – The Dutch oven braises meats in the oven and makes flavorful meals.
- Casserole dishes – Casserole dishes perfect gifts for healthy eaters because they are great for large batch meal prep.
Baking is one of life’s great joys, isn’t it? From healthy breads to decadent snacks, baking is the best!
- Baking sheet pan and cooling rack – Baking sheet pan and a cooling rack, the perfect bakeware pair! But the baking sheet pan is also great for roasting veggies in the oven and for other healthy recipes. That’s why I think these 2 make great healthy gift ideas.
- Loaf pan – The loaf pan is ideal for healthy breads like banana nut bread.
- Pie plates – Nice pie plates are awesome gifts for healthy eaters because it will allow them to try homemade pies which are, obviously, the best pies.
- Muffin tin – I use my muffin tin a LOT because no one says no to muffins, and because healthy muffins are always a good idea. Having a muffin tin is amazing because they are versatile and can be used to make many different types of muffins.
5. HEALTHY PANTRY STAPLES
To start and to keep eating healthy, one needs to make sure their pantry is stocked with the right pantry staples. The healthy pantry staples. I included these pantry staples in this gift guide because I believe helping someone to stick to their healthy eating habits is a great gift.
We have 5 categories in this pantry staples sections – oils, sweeteners, dried goods, spices, and herbs. Plus some suggestions to transform them into awesome gifts for healthy eaters.
Oils can be expensive. Especially the healthy ones. To make oils into great gifts for healthy eating, you can make:
- Olive oil – An olive oil basket that includes extra virgin olive oil, flavored olive oils, balsamic vinegar, and spices.
- Coconut oil – A coconut oil gift basket that includes extra virgin coconut oil and a mix of dried goods and spices for baking.
These healthy sugar alternatives can be paired together in a basket and gifted to someone who wants to explore the wonders of healthy baking and healthy eating.
- Pure maple syrup – Pure maple syrup is one of the healthiest sweeteners out there. Find out more here!
- Raw honey – Give raw honey as a gift, along with a recipe for making homemade honey-roasted peanut butter<–yum!
- Coconut sugar – Coconut sugar is versatile and should be in every pantry.
3) Dried goods
You can gift these healthy pantry staples in healthy baking baskets paired with the sweeteners I listed above, or in a healthy cooking basket paired with spices and olive oil.
- Whole wheat flour – Whole wheat flour is one of the healthier flour alternatives.
- Quinoa – Quinoa is the best! From breakfast bowls to many other recipes, it’s super healthy.
- Rolled oats – I love rolled oats for healthy overnight oats recipes.
- Protein powder – Every pantry needs a selection. Find out why here!
- Nuts and seeds – Chia seeds, for example, provide tons of benefits.
- Unsweetened dark cocoa powder – this delicious food item is awesome and good for you, too.
Spices are a great way to add flavor to healthy meals and they make great gifts for those who want to explore the aromas of different cuisines. You can create an American mix, an Italian mix, a Mexican mix, an Asian mix or a seasonal mix, such as pumpkin spice.
Here are my favorite spices:
- Sea salt – Sea salt adds that delicious dash of flavor to any type of dish, whether sweet or savory.
- Ground black pepper – Gotta love this pungent spice!
- Ground cumin – Sauces like homemade enchilada sauce take cumin.
- Garlic powder – Perfect for homemade garlic bread.
- Chili powder – Those who like things hot and spicy will want to have chili powder on hand.
- Paprika – Paprika is one of my favorites when making my fave dishes like healthy Nashville chicken.
- Ground ginger – Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties and tons of benefits.
- Cayenne – Another spicy addition!
- Nutmeg – The best ingredient in homemade lattes.
- Cinnamon – Healthy cinnamon apples, need I say more?
- Cloves – Cloves add a unique flavor to homemade ice cream.
5) Dried Herbs
Dried herbs are just as important as spices since they can easily change the flavors of food. For gifting, they can be paired with the spices to create seasonal or cuisine mixes.
The herbs I recommend:
- Basil – Basil is great in vinaigrettes.
- Oregano – Oregano is a must-add spice to chili.
- Rosemary – A rosemary plant is a fun healthy gift idea.
- Bay leaves – Making a homemade tomato sauce? Don’t forget the bay leaves.
- Thyme – Thyme is excellent on fresh roasted veggies.
Healthy Gifts Idea Guide – Gifts for Healthy Eaters
This post contains affiliate links for products I use regularly and highly recommend.