As you can probably imagine, I’m always looking for healthy, new ways to enjoy food.
Or…is it that I’m just always thinking about food?
Yep, probably that one is more accurate.
But, healthy and fun new ways of changing up schtuff is still a close second.
Sometimes, even the simplest of substitutions can make a world of difference.
Some of my fave recipes are just a new healthy way to approach comfort food. That’s the best!
Take, sweet potatoes, for example.
And, yes, I really, really love them as fries.
Oh my, the goodness: fries.
I just can’t.
But I digress. We were discussing all the healthiness.
Sweet potatoes have more vitamins and nutrients than regular potatoes and are incredibly delicious when baked as fries.
Not only does that make this baked sweet potato fries recipe a great change-up to regular fries, it also makes them healthier, cleaner, and more guilt-free. WOOT!
This all makes me one happy camper.
Sorry regular potatoes, you know I still love you. (Especially you, garlic fries)
But — dare I say — I may love oven-baked sweet potato fries even more?
Sweet Potato Fries
Bold statement, I know.
Try these out and see how tasty they are. You just might be inclined to change your potato loyalties as well. 😉
- 3 large sweet potatoes unpeeled
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or aluminum foil) and set aside.
- Cut off both ends of the potatoes and slice in half, lengthwise, and then into 1/4-inch (fries) batons.
- Try to make the fries as even in thickness as possible, as this will help them to cook evenly.
- Place the cut potatoes in a large mixing bowl and add the coconut oil, raw honey, sea salt, cinnamon, and paprika. Toss well to evenly coat.
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer over the baking sheet. If they are too crowded, you can use an additional baking sheet.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, or until well-browned, turning every 15 minutes for even baking.
- Baking time will vary depending on the size and thickness.
- Serve immediately - if desired, you can drizzle with a little extra honey of the top (UNREAL goodness!).
This post was las updated on September 1, 2016.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use regularly and highly recommend.
I've got your dinners covered this week
- Get my FREE 5-Day Meal Plan plus...
- Organized grocery list to save time and money
- Helpful cooking tips and tricks
- Free videos on forming better cooking skills
- Kitchen conversion and substitution charts