Yay! Another protein shake recipe!
This Orange Protein Shake has been a new favorite in our house. While we rely a lot on the Chocolate Peanut Butter & Banana Protein Shake and the Banana Protein Shake, there does come a time when we want something fresh and new.
And what better way to freshen things up than to add some orange juice, right?
This shake has a delightful lightness and vibrance to it from the orange juice, yet it’s still sweet and thick from the protein powder and frozen banana.
If you’ve never frozen a banana before, it’s super duper easy. Just peel the banana before placing it in a Ziploc bag. We go through a good 2-3 bunches of frozen bananas a week, with the kiddos, protein shakes, and tasty snacks.
Having a protein shake for breakfast, post-workout, or as a meal replacement is a great way to get you protein, fill up, and have a delicious meal. It’s rare a day goes by and I don’t have at least one.
If you’re looking for more delicious and high-protein protein shake recipes, here are some more:
- Strawberry Protein Shake
- Blueberry Protein Shake
- Chocolate, PB & Banana Protein Shake
- Banana Protein Shake
- Almond Butter, Coffee Bean & Chocolate Protein Shake
- Peach Protein Shake
- Green Protein Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 orange, peeled and seeds removed
- 1 frozen banana if not frozen, use extra ice for thicker consistency
- 2 tbsp full fat greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- ice I use about 6-10 ice cubes
Place all the ingredients into a blender, starting with the milk. Depending on your blender’s settings, first start on the chop mode to chop up the ice and frozen banana, followed by pureeing the mixture to create a smooth, even consistency.
- In order to get your preferred consistency, you can also start by not adding any ice, following the other steps above. Once all other ingredients are mixed together, slowly add the ice, mix and then test. Continue to add more ice cubes until the desired consistency is met.
If too thick, you can add some more almond milk, little by little. If not sweet enough, add a little more yogurt.