The first meal of the day is always best when it’s delicious, clean-eating, and packed with nutrients. These Healthy Breakfast Ideas will give you tons of inspiration for breakfasts that will provide you with energy that lasts the day through!
I love to start the day off right, don’t you? A good beginning to the morning sets the tone for the rest of the day.
But, to be perfectly honest, I don’t always feel like getting up at the crack of dawn and jumping right into things.
So, a delicious breakfast that I can’t wait to dive into is the perfect way to get me going! Food that gives me energy and that I really enjoy makes getting up early not so bad, after all.
Make this list of healthy breakfast ideas your go-to resource for clean-eating, easy to prepare food to start your day. I’ve included powerhouse ingredients in every recipe, which are free of refined sugar and flour, two things that can sap your energy in a snap. You’ll find egg dishes, smoothies and a ton of other sweet and savory meals.
I’ve got on-the-go options, choices for lazy weekend mornings (yes, I remember those), and dishes that suit specific eating regimens like gluten-free, keto, and paleo. To top it all off, every dish is absolutely yummy!
HOW DO I MAKE A HEALTHY BREAKFAST?
Making breakfast from clean-eating ingredients is the way to go. Whole grains, like oats, low-sugar proteins such as plain Greek yogurt, and power foods like eggs tick all the boxes for healthy breakfast ideas. Nuts, seeds (one of my favorite breakfast spreads is Homemade Chia Jam), and complex carbs in the form of fruits and veggies round out the formula.
Choose a recipe free of refined sugar and flour, and use sweeteners like raw honey and pure maple syrup. It’s easy peasy to put your best foot forward when you eat right. If prepping the night before is what you have to do, I’ve got the solution in yummy overnight oats. If grab and go is your style, make a batch of healthy muffins. Scrumptious smoothies are a good choice, too!
HEALTHY OVERNIGHT OATS + OATMEAL
Yummy oats are the perfect breakfast when you want something delicious and filling but don’t have time to make prepare food in the morning. Open the fridge and these healthy overnight oats are waiting for you!
- Blackberry Cobbler Easy Overnight Oats (pictured)
- Banana Overnight Oats With Walnuts
- Cinnamon Raisin Overnight Oats
- 5-Minute Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- Fresh Peach Cobbler Overnight Oats
- 6 Best Overnight Oats Recipes
- Strawberries and Cream Steel Cut Oats
HEALTHY BREAKFAST SMOOTHIES + PROTEIN SHAKES
I’ll admit, sometimes I have breakfast on the run. And when I do, my choice is often a super healthy, tasty, get-you-going smoothie!
- Kiwi and Kale Smoothie (pictured)
- 7-Ingredient Healthy Coffee Smoothie
- Blueberry Muffin Protein Smoothie
- Pink Power Protein Beet Smoothie
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Protein Smoothie
Wanna add in some protein? Check out these easy and healthy Protein Shakes, too!
- Almond Butter, Chocolate, & Coffee Bean Protein Shake
- Peach Protein Shake
- Banana Protein Shake
- Blueberry Protein Shake
- Strawberry Protein Shake
- Orange Protein Shake
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Protein Shake
HEALTHY BREAKFAST MUFFINS
Whether you can relax at home with a muffin and a bowl of fruit or have to bring your breakfast along to a meeting, if it’s a clean-eating recipe you can leave the guilt behind. Enjoy a sweet start to the day with any one of these muffins.
- Paleo Apple Muffins With Crunchy Crumb Topping (pictured)
- The Best Easy Banana Nut Muffins
- Perfect Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- The Best Healthy Blueberry Muffins
- 9-Ingredient Blender Chocolate Muffins
HEALTHY BREAKFAST PANCAKES
Everybody loves pancakes. And when you’ve got awesome toppings like Blueberry Compote, pure maple syrup, and Honey Roasted Peanut Butter, you’ve come up with the best healthy breakfast idea for weekends with the family.
- Lemon Blueberry High Protein Pancakes (pictured)
- Apple Cinnamon Oat Bran Pancakes
- Healthy Chocolate Pancakes
- Banana Oat Blender Pancakes
- Quick Diner Pancakes
- Protein Pancakes
MAKE AHEAD HEALTHY BREAKFASTS
Prepping breakfast ahead of time is a sure-fire way to make certain that what you eat in the morning is power-packed, and full of goodness and nutrients. I’m a big fan of meal prep and having healthy breakfast ideas right at my fingertips.
- Frozen Breakfast Burritos (pictured)
- Make-Ahead Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
- Healthy Egg Muffin Cups
- Egg White Scramble and Sweet Potato Hash
HEALTHY BREAKFAST EGGS
Eggs are such a versatile food aren’t they? They can be cooked so many different ways and added to tons of dishes. Always a favorite at breakfast, I love eggs prepared just about any way!
- Baked Eggs in Spaghetti Squash Nests (pictured)
- Healthy Sheet Pan Breakfast Nachos
- Perfect Fluffy Omelet
- Huevos Rancheros
- Perfect Avocado Toast With Soft Boiled Egg
HEALTHY BREADS AND TOAST
- Homemade Bagel
- Strawberry French Toast
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- One Bowl Healthy Pumpkin Bread
- Healthy Banana Nut Bread
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Apple Pumpkin Bread
- Easy Sweet Cornbread
MORE HEALTHY BREAKFAST IDEAS
- 15-Minute Cauliflower Hash Browns
- Flaxseed Apricot Bars
- Strawberry & Peach Smoothie Bowl
- Banana Blueberry Smoothie Bowl
- Chocolate Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Tots
This post contains affiliate links for products I use regularly and highly recommend.